Tuesday 4 September, 2007

Salute to my teachers

Tommorow is Teachers day 5th September.

India has been celebrating Teacher's Day on 5th of September since 1962. 5th of September is the birthday of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakhrishnan, a philosopher and a teacher par excellence. Some of his students and friends approached him and requested him to allow them to celebrate his birthday. In reply, Dr, Radhakrishnan said, "instead of celebrating my birthday separately, it would be my proud privilege if September 5th is observed as Teacher's day". The request showed Dr.Radhakrishnan's love for the teaching profession. All this lead to Teachers Day origin in India.
On the occasion of Teachers day I would like to express my gratitude to all my teachers from Kinder Garten to the Professional college for shaping my life and showing me the right path by providing their valuable guidance. I think, a teacher is like a candle which burns to spread light everywhere.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. --William Arthur Ward

No comments:

 

Apture