Friday 19 October, 2007

Audacity...for voice recording


In mathematics it is mandatory for the students to make a project. This time ,with one of the groups, of my class IX students, I decided to gave them a podcasting project . They were asked to prepare a discussion on utility of mathematics in surroundings and record the same using Audacity.Since the students were not familiar of the software, firstly I trained them on how to use it.Then they recorded an interview (kind of a discussion) .It was an enriching experience for me and the students as well.
The students find it quite interesting.
I would like to thank CII Shiksha for training the teachers on using such tools which are helping us for creating a difference in the classroom
Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds.
You may download it from

No comments:

 

Apture