Saturday 20 October, 2007

Irfan view..a freeware

Today, I am going to share with all of you, how I used Irfan view in my classroom teaching of mathematics. The students were to perform a mathematics activity in class IX. In place of dictating them the procedure in steps, I showed them a slide show of pictures showing the steps. The students were asked to observe the slide show . Then I had a discussion with them , regarding the steps which were shown to them through pictures. They were able to tell the mathematical concept hidden in the pictures. This way, induced brainstorming and resulted in a better learning. During the class the students were deeply engrossed in watching the show. After this, they did hands on activity with the required material.



Know more about this software...You may download this software from



http://www.irfanview.com/

No comments:

 

Apture